Woodview Specialist Children’s Services in Halton
Welcome to Woodview Child Development Centre – please find below a summary about our services and how to make a referral for children and young people living in Halton
We offer a single point of referral for community based specialist therapy, nursing and paediatric services.
Additionally some referrals may require a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency assessment approach and in these cases the referral will also be reviewed by a wider group of professionals including: Speech and Language Therapy Service (provided by Chatterbugs), Educational Specialist, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHs) and Orthoptist Service.
Following extensive consultation with partners we have updated the referral documentation. We are pleased to launch the new referral forms to be used by professionals from 18th March 2019. However referrals on the old style form will be accepted until 30th April 2019 to ensure everyone is aware of the changes.
Referrals will be considered from:
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCo) from a school or Early Years setting
- Health professionals such as a health visitor, school nurse or therapist
- Social Care professional such as an Early Years or Social Worker
- Medical professional such as a GP or hospital doctor (secondary and tertiary care)
Once the referral for the child or young person has been reviewed by all of the specialist services and partners the parent/carer and the referrer will be informed by letter (or email if indicated on the referral form) the decision either:
- Confirmation of the service or services that have accepted the referral for assessment, advice and if needed treatment
- Informed that the referral has not been accepted with an explanation and signposting suggestions
- Confirmation that the referral has been accepted by the Multi-disciplinary Team for MD assessments; this process is managed by the MDT Case Coordinator based at Woodview CDC
Children and young people accepted by the Multi- Disciplinary Team (MDT) are likely to have either a known (previously diagnosed) or suspected condition that requires an integrated and coordinated assessments to decide on a diagnosis and/or provide an integrated package of care for treatment, conditions likely to be seen by the MDT:
- Global developmental delay
- Cerebral palsy
- Social communication difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Chromosomal abnormalities such as Down Syndrome
- Neurological condition
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides the administration and coordination of the MDT on behalf of our partners that includes Chatterbugs, Halton Council and North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
We hold a weekly MDT meeting and all referrals are triaged on a weekly basis.
Step One: Please complete the Referral to Woodview form in full.
Step Two: Depending on the reason for a referral complete any of the following forms that are relevant:
Appendix 1 – Children with social communication difficulties
Appendix 2 – For physiotherapy referrals please complete a physiotherapy history sheet
Appendix 3 – For OT and Physiotherapy referrals please also send completed teacher and parent/carer questionnaires. Please view the Motor Skills – Handbook for Referrers and Sensory Handbook for Parents.
Appendix 4 – For a paediatric referral for children with suspected ADHD please complete (3 separate forms):
- Advisory information for referrers before considering a referral for ADHD
- Parent SNAP form
- Teacher SNAP form
Provide support to children & young people with complex needs who require nursing care and who may be dependent on technology . Read more…
Will assess children with a range of injuries and conditions and will develop fun interventions to help improve their condition. Read more…
Our team will assess and provide advice and support for children to develop skills in the areas of self-care, education and play. Read more…
Provides support for children with behaviour and/or sleep issues relating to a diagnosed neuro-developmental condition. Read more…
Can treat a wide range of neurological conditions, consists of Consultant Community Paediatricians and Specialist Doctors. Read more…
Woodview Child Development Centre Telephone on 0151 495 5400 select:
- Option 1 for Neurodevelopmental Nursing Team (Additional Needs Nurses)
- Option 2 Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Team
- Option 3 Children’s Community Nursing Team
- Option 4 Prescription requests
- Option 5 Community Paediatric Service
- Option 6 General enquiries and reception
- For referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For MDT assessment queries to email@example.com
- For CCNT to haltonandsthelensCCNT@nhs.net
- For Physiotherapy and Occupational Health to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Community Paediatric Service (prescriptions) to email@example.com or enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For neurodevelopmental Nursing Team to haltonNDNT@nhs.net