The Community Dental Network is a combined service providing community dental services for a number of North West areas.
- East Cheshire
- St Helens
- Tameside & Glossop
- Vale Royal area of Cheshire
- Western Cheshire & Chester
- Wigan Borough.
The network ensures community dental services are available to a combined population of over two million people.
The Community Dental network provides specialised dental care on referral to people of all ages, disabilities and special needs which make it impossible for them to access treatment from an NHS family dentist.
Our services include:
- Paediatric Dentistry (including Looked After Children & Youth Offending)
- Special Care Dentistry
- Paediatric General Anaesthetic Services
- Special Care General Anaesthetic (conservation and exodontias)
- Inhalation Sedation for patients with anxiety issues
- Domiciliary services
- Prison Services
- Minor Oral Surgery
- Dental Student Teaching (Dentists and Therapists)
- Oral Health Promotion
- Dental Health Surveys.
How can people access the service?
Access to the service is on a referral basis.
Referrals meeting our service criteria are accepted from Dentists, GP’s, health care and social care professionals.
What to expect from us?
- High standards of dental care provided by registered friendly and caring dental care professionals
- Be treated with dignity and respect in a clean and safe environment
- A thorough examination of your mouth, teeth and gums
- A clear description and explanation of your treatment and written confirmation including any costs
- Advice on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Information about our services, staff, NHS dental charges, and how to make a complaint.
Out of Hours Care
If you have a swelling that is affecting your breathing or swallowing, have suffered trauma or have severe bleeding please contact your local A+E department.
When the practice is closed, and you have an urgent dental problem you feel is unable to wait until the surgery re-opens please call your local contact number:
Halton, St Helens, Warrington, East Cheshire, West Cheshire
0161 476 9651 (available from 9am to 9.30pm every day, including weekends and Bank Holidays)
01744 673803 (available between 5.30pm and 9.00pm each evening and between 8.30 am-12.00on each weekend and bank holiday)
01204 463222 (available between 5.15pm and 8.30 pm each evening and between 9.00am-11.30 am each weekend and bank holiday)
Stockport, Trafford and Tameside and Glossop
0161 337 2246 (6.30 pm-8.00 am each evening and 8.00 am-6.30 pm each weekend and bank holiday)
This service can help if you are experiencing:
- severe pain not controlled by regular pain relief taken for 48 hours
- uncontrolled bleeding
- large swelling
- dental trauma
- any other condition that is causing you to feel acutely unwell.
For further advice please contact NHS 111.
Oral Health Promotion Service
The role of Oral Health Improvement is to promote important evidence based oral health messages to groups in the community.
View our dedicated Oral Health Promotion Service page for our full information.
Our community dental clinics and locations
- A guide to good teeth for parents and carers of children
- Community Dental Transport Information for Halton and St Helens Areas
- Community Transport Information for Vale Royal Area
- Community transport information for Warrington
- Guide following a dental general anaesthetic
- How to look after your dentures
- Information about Dental General Anaesthetics
- Information for parents and carers about oral care for children with swallowing difficulties
- Information for patients and carers about adult oral healthcare
- Information for patients and carers about oral care for people with swallowing difficulties
- Information for patients and carers about the use of prescription only flouride toothpaste
- Information on Flouride Varnish
- Inhalation Sedation (Happy Air) for children
- Inhalation Sedation for Adults
- Oral Health Care for Babies
- Oral Health Care for Children
- Oral Health Care in Pregnancy
- Supervised tooth brushing programme
- The good toothbrushing guide for parents and carers of children with additional needs
- When toothbrushing is difficult advice for carers of adults with additional needs
- When toothbrushing is difficult advice for parents and carers of children with additional needs
- Your child’s general anaesthetic
Referral forms for health professionals
If you wish to make a referral to our service please:
- Review our Referral Guide
- Complete the appropriate referral form
- Select the clinic you wish to refer to the from the Community Dental Network referrals clinic contact details list
- Post the completed referral form to the clinic you wish to refer to