Description of the Oral Health Improvement Service
The role of Oral Health Improvement is to promote important evidence based oral health messages to groups in the community.
Some of the programmes include:
- Supervised Toothbrushing in early year settings and reception classes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste distribution scheme for school aged children
- Tasty Tuck Award for Primary Schools
- Training for early years staff, health visiting teams, school health advisors, nursing and care staff.
The team also attend and support a number of local and national campaigns, and community based events throughout the year.
Who can access the service?
Health professionals, early years staff, school health advisors, teachers, nursing and care home staff, public health teams, local authorities and external agencies.
Teams can be contacted about the programmes or to arrange training sessions.
We also have a selection of resources which are available on a loan basis.
How can people access the service?
Teams are based in Stockport, Trafford and Warrington.
Services can be contacted by telephone or e-mail using the contact details below.
Where is the service offered?
We offer our Oral Health Promotion service in the following locations:
- early years settings
- children’s centres
- community based locations
- adult learning establishments
- nursing and care homes.
Oral Health leaflets
2nd Floor Kingsgate
Wellington Road North
Telephone: 0161 204 2716
Seymour Grove Health Centre
70 Seymour Grove
Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre
Telephone: 01925 867973