Description of the Podiatry Biomechanics Service
We provide an assessment, advice and treatment on a range of foot, leg and hip related problems.
This may include advice about appropriate footwear, stretching and strengthening exercises as well as insoles and orthotics where appropriate.
How can I access the Podiatry Biomechanics service?
Referral is via your GP, consultant or other Healthcare Professional e.g. Physiotherapist and all referrals are triaged.
If referrals are not appropriate they will be re-directed appropriately.
Where is the service offered?
The service is provided at Warrington Wolves Stadium.
What can I expect at my assessment appointment?
- Full medical history including medication you may be taking
- Assessment of your footwear
- Observation of you standing and walking to watch your foot and leg position
- You may be required to sit or lie down on a treatment couch depending on what you are being referred about.
Please attend in or bring suitable clothing to change into eg. shorts or a skirt.
What is my role in my treatment?
- To notify us of any medications you are currently taking
- To notify us of any medical conditions you may have
- To contact the clinic if you are unable to attend an appointment
- To carry out any self-care you are advised to do.
The Podiatry Department
Health Services at Wolves
The Martin Dawes Stand
Tel: 01925 251403
Monday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Tuesday, 8.30am – 6.00pm
Wednesday, 8.30am – 7.00pm
Thursday and Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
Friday, 8.30am – 4.00pm