|Home||All about us||Children’s||Students||Professionals||Resources|
Description of our Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Service
Our Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Service:
- Help parents and carers to support your child to understand spoken language
- Help parents and carers support your child to use words and sentences
- Helps pre-school children with eating and drinking difficulties or who are likely to have special educational needs
- Works with education staff to support children and help them learn
- Helps children with social communication and interaction difficulties
- Helps children to use alternative forms of communication such as signs and pictures
Children will be seen by Speech and Language Therapists and Assistants. The service liaises with education staff, Health Visitors, Doctors and Social Services staff.
Speech and Language Therapists often provide programmes for parents/carers and other professionals to carry out. Parents need to be fully involved in sessions and carry out home activities in order for any change to occur with their child’s communication.
Our local offer for children
Read about our local offer for children, including information on how you can access our Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Service.
Who can access the service?
- This service is for children aged 0 – 16 years (0-19 if attending special schools)
- We accept referrals from both parents and professionals; parental permission is essential for referral
- Referral & Consent form
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered in identified community clinics and The Pebbles at the Child Development Centre, Sandy Lane.
A range of other locations, including a child’s school, may be offered for children with significant communication difficulties.
Health Services at Wolves
Martin Dawes Stand
Tel: 01925 251389
You can contact us using this online form below:
Please do not include any highly personal and / or sensitive information about the child you want to discuss. You can call us on 01925 251389.
- Top Tips for Turn Taking
- Top Tips for Imitation
- Top Tips for Developing Attention and Listening Skills
- Toddler Talk
- Music and Rhymes
- Early Talk
- Listening and remembering skills
In order to offer integrated, high quality services for children, all of our Children’s Services work closely with preschools, nurseries and schools. We share information about the outcomes of assessments and the strategies recommended in order that preschools, nurseries and schools implement the same strategies on a daily basis. We also inform preschools, nurseries and schools when a parent does not opt in / attend an appointment. This will greatly help your child, but it you do not wish information to be shared you may withdraw your consent at any time.