About the Catheter Care Team
The Catheter Care Team responds to urgent complex catheter problems within the community setting whether in their own home or a residential / nursing home.
It is the rapid response element of the service that prevents inappropriate hospital admissions.
The catheter team provides the following elements of care:
- Assessment of acute & chronic retention of urine
- Trial without catheter within the community
- Bladder Scanning
- Teaching of intermittent self- catheterisation
- Use of Entonox (gas & air) for painful catheter changes
- First change of supra-pubic catheters
- Any complex catheter change
Who can access the service?
Any patient with complex catheter needs within the Warrington area if registered with a Warrington GP.
GP’S, Patients, acute hospital, urology specialist nurses, including oncology urology nurses St Rocco’s Hospice staff, district nurses, any healthcare professional, private & public sector staff.
How can people access the service?
The catheter team can be contacted via Single Point of Access on 01925 867905.
Where is the service offered?
Patients own home, residential or nursing home and Woolston Clinic.
Catheter Care Team Leader
Telephone: 01925 454814