Description of the Breastfeeding and Infant Feeding service
Infant Feeding Co-ordinator links with Public Health Nurse teams (Health Visitors, Staff Nurses, Nursery Nurses and Clinic Nurses), Midwives, Children Centres services/teams, General Practitioners (GPs), local councils, including breastfeeding peer support services.
Areas of work include:
- promoting, protecting and supporting mothers who breastfeed
- encouraging mothers who choose to bottle feed responsively
- staff education
- advise and update with evidenced based practice, including supporting staff and parents/carers on all matters related to infant feeding
- breastfeeding groups across all boroughs
- all teams are UNICEF Baby Friendly accredited
Who can access the service?
Parents/carers, grandparents, GPs, Children Centre staff, Public Health Nurses, other support agencies.
Where is the service offered?
At local clinics and children centres supported by staff as listed above.
Local breastfeeding groups
Want to volunteer?
Find out how to get involved in Bosom Buddy Volunteering in Warrington.
CATCH is a free health app for parents and carers of children aged 0-5. The app empowers you with the information necessary to decide when your child needs medical treatment or when self-care is more appropriate.