Description of the Breastfeeding and Infant Feeding service
Infant Feeding Co-ordinator links with Public Health Nurse teams (Health Visitors, Staff Nurses, Nursery Nurses and Clinic Nurses), Midwives, Children Centres services/teams, General Practitioners (GPs), local councils, including breastfeeding peer support services.
Areas of work include:
- promoting, protecting and supporting mothers who breastfeed
- encouraging mothers who choose to bottle feed responsively
- staff education
- advise and update with evidenced based practice, including supporting staff and parents/carers on all matters related to infant feeding
- breastfeeding groups across all boroughs
- all teams are UNICEF Baby Friendly accredited
Who can access the service?
Parents/carers, grandparents, GPs, Children Centre staff, Public Health Nurses, other support agencies.
Where is the service offered?
At local clinics and children centres supported by staff as listed above.
Local breastfeeding groups