The St Helens Heart Failure Team are a specialist nurse led service which offers education, advice, symptom management and titration of evidence based medication.
What can you expect from us?
- Patient and family education on the symptoms and management of heart failure
- Telephone advice and support
- Monitoring of symptoms with the aim to preventing hospital admission
- Titration of evidence based medication
- Encouragement to patients to follow the advice given and participate in decisions about their care
- Assessment for suitability for referral for cardiac rehabilitation classes
- Assessment of End of Life and referral to heart failure palliative care nurse as appropriate
- Education and advice to other health care professionals on the management of heart failure
- To keep you updated on the patients current treatment plan following each assessment
Where are services delivered from?
- Various clinics across St Helens
- As home visits (if patient is housebound)
- In Care homes
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Our referral criteria:
- Newly diagnosed heart failure patients with confirmation of LVSD on Echo in the last two years who require education and titration of medication as per NICE Guidelines (108).
- Patients with a confirmed diagnosis of LVSD who require heart failure specialist nurse review due to decompensation of heart failure symptoms.
Please complete this and fax it to 01744 457280.
As soon as we receive your referral we aim to contact your patient within four working days.
If you have any questions about our service please call us on 01744 457261, we would be happy to help.