It has two important priorities which are Quality and Place.
During 2017 we held a series of ‘Big Conversation’ events across each of our boroughs.
This was our chance to go out and listen to staff, local people and our partners in our communities about what they want from local NHS community services in the future.
By listening to your views our strategy and priorities were developed.
These priorities are important as they will help us focus on how we deliver high quality services in the community and our role as a community NHS provider.
During these ‘Conversation’ events we heard about the importance of community engagement and how Bridgewater need to increase communication across the boroughs.
We also understand the importance of prevention and helping our communities to stay healthy.
People also told us to use more technology in the delivery of our services. Integrating and coordinating people’s care across health and social care is also crucial as people shared stories of duplication and repeated conversations across organisations.
Our strategy genuinely responds to this feedback and includes how we will support our staff to develop strong relationships with our local communities and delivery partners.
We will do this so that our staff, local people and partnerships are at the heart of everything we do.
Over the next 5 years we will focus on developing borough specific implementation plans which will also be aligned to emerging whole system Accountable Care strategies.
- Training our staff to work more closely with assets in the local community
- Supporting a culture so that we continually improve
- Developing new roles to support communication and engagement in our boroughs and communities
- Developing our services to ensure they are clinically, operationally and financially sustainable
- Using technology more so we can be more efficient and effective
- Develop, supporting and training our workforce to ensure we can deliver healthcare better and differently in the future
- Using information and data to help us understand how well we are delivering services and how we can improve
- Managing the buildings and clinical bases we use in our boroughs to ensure the right space for care.
|Full strategy||Plan on a page||Executive summary|