Patients in St Helens are being advised that some NHS healthcare services will no longer be provided from Carr Mill Clinic on Eskdale Avenue in St Helens from later this month.
The services affected are run by Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust (Bridgewater) and will move to other local clinics and children’s centres. The services affected include School Nursing, Baby Clinics, Health Visiting, Paediatric Continence and Hearing Aid Batteries.
- The School Nursing Service moved to Billinge Clinic on Rainford Road on 19 May. The service has previously operated from Carr Mill Clinic, Rainford Clinic and Billinge Clinic but now all School Nursing services will be based at Billinge Clinic. For more details please contact 01744 624350.
- Baby Clinics will continue to be provided at Carr Mill Health Centre for the next few months on Thursdays from 1pm until 3pm. However, the service will eventually transfer to Moss Bank Children’s Centre where a room is currently being modified to accommodate future baby clinics. All local families affected will be contacted prior to the move. For more details please call Tracy Hesketh at Billinge Clinic on 01744 624350.
- The Health Visiting Service at Carr Mill Clinic will move all future appointments to Moss Bank Children’s Centre. All local families affected will be contacted in advance of the move. For more details please contact Janice Halsall on 01744 27940.
- The Paediatric Continence Service which was previously provided at Carr Mill Clinic has moved all its future appointments to Moss Bank Children’s Centre. All patients affected have been informed but for more details please contact the Paediatric Continence Service on 01744 626701.
- Hearing Aid Batteries which were previously collected from Carr Mill Clinic can now be collected from Windermere Medical Centre. Please call 01744 624805 for more details. Alternatively you can contact The Audiology Service at St Helens Hospital on 01744 646027.
- The Podiatry Service, which is provided by 5 Boroughs Partnerships NHS Foundation Trust, is also moving its services in Carr Mill Clinic to Windermere Medical Centre. The contact telephone number for this service is 0151 290 2000.
If you have any questions about changes to services usually provided at Carr Mill Clinic or you have a query about another Bridgewater service you can contact the Trust’s Patient Services Team on 0800 587 0562 or email Patient.Services@bridgewater.nhs.uk.