Bridgewater will be promoting the benefits of breastfeeding to local families in Warrington at two exciting events in June to celebrate Breastfeeding Awareness Week (9 – 13 June).
Fans of Warrington Wolves will be able to participate in a pram and toddler walk around Wolves Stadium on Thursday 12 June where they will even be accompanied by a special guest. Families are invited to come to the stadium for 1pm, enjoy refreshment and learn about what breastfeeding means to mums and their babies from local breastfeeding support staff from Bridgewater before embarking on the walk.
Bru Café at Riverside Retail Park will also be the venue for a breastfeeding coffee morning on Wednesday 11 June from 10am to 12pm. Mums who breastfeed or are interested in breastfeeding are invited to come along and meet our friendly staff.
Avril Smith, Infant Feeding Coordinator in Warrington for Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust said:
“Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust wants to encourage more local mums in Warrington to give their babies a healthy start in the life by breastfeeding. We are hosting the events at Warrington Wolves and Bru Café during Breastfeeding Awareness Week to highlight the real benefits of breastfeeding to local families as well as provide any information and support to pregnant women or new mums that they may need. We also aim to encourage mums to feel empowered about breastfeeding their babies in public places.
“At both events there will be health professionals with specialist knowledge on hand to answer any questions about breastfeeding so we welcome all local antenatal and postnatal mothers and their families to these events.”
Anyone interested in breastfeeding can also visit one of the weekly breastfeeding support groups which take place across Warrington every:
- Monday 10am – 11.30am at Sankey Valley Children’s Centre, Dorchester Road, Great Sankey, WA5 1XE. Tel: 01925 572153.
- Tuesday 10am – 11.30am at Sandy Lane Children’s Centre, Sandy Lane, Orford, WA2 9HY. Tel: 01925 425580.
- Wednesday 10.30am to 12pm at Orchard Children’s Centre, Hilden Road, Padgate, WA2 0JP.
- Wednesday 1pm to 3pm at The Woodlands Children’s Centre, Admiral Road, WA3 6QG. Tel: 01925 852910.
- Thursday 10am to 12pm at Westy Children’s Centre, Tinsley Street, Latchford, WA4 1RE. Tel: 01925 570870.
- Friday 10am to 11.30am at Westbrook Medical Centre, Westbrook Way, WA5 8UF. Tel::01925 654152.
For more information about any of the events please contact Avril Smith, Infant Feeding Coordinator in Warrington for Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust on 01925 843864 ext 7825 or email email@example.com.