The British Red Cross, Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust and Foundations Independent Living Trust are working together to support older people living in St Helen’s.
The programme is funded through the Big Lottery.
What is the St Helen’s support at home project?
The service is available to people who are over 60 years of age.
We are able to offer practical and emotional support at home to help individuals to improve health and wellbeing, maintain independence and meet new people.
The service can
- Provide short term support at home
- Carry out safe and well checks
- Arrange the short term loan of mobility equipment
- Provide companionship and emotional support
- Develop a personal health plan
- Collect prescriptions
- Provide support in making healthy lifestyle choices eg Health Eating, Weight Management, Stop Smoking, Increase physical activity, reduce alcohol.
- Relaxation through hand, arm and shoulder massage
- Support with mobility and exercise
- Help with shopping
- Advice on home adaptations and warmer home support
Where is the service offered?
Appointments can be scheduled at local health centres or home visits can be arranged.
How can people access the service?
- Referral from GP / Health Professional
British Red Cross
31 Earle Street
Telephone – 01925 295614 or 01925 295615
Email – SHsupport@redcross.org.uk