You can contact the Bridgewater Midwifery Service for Widnes & Runcorn by calling 0151 495 5079.
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. An out of hours on call service is provided for all pregnant and newly delivered women; your midwife will give you the contact number at your ante-natal assessment.
- Self referral to Halton Midwifery Service / Self midwifery referral form
- Fit for Pregnancy/Preconception / Early Bird appointment
- Teenage pregnancy
- Pregnancy Education sessions
- Home Birth
How can people access the service?
Women can self refer, be referred from other services or the GP.
Where is the service offered?
Based at Widnes Health Care Resource Centre and from GP surgeries on Runcorn.
Health Care Resource Centre
Telephone: 0151 495 5079
Textphone: 18001 0151 495 5079
The end of statutory Supervision of Midwifery
Bridgewater Community Supervisor of Midwives team would like to inform you that due to recent legislative changes affecting the role of midwifery supervision the role has now ceased.
The title of ‘Supervision of Midwives’ will no longer be in use and the role will be replaced by the Professional Midwifery Advocate role later this year.
This will not affect the care you receive from the midwives and staff employed by Bridgewater Community Midwifery services.
If you would like any further information regarding this change, please speak to your named midwife.
Supervisors of Midwives Team
- Breast Feeding letter – Ante natal pack (PDF – 92KB)
- E-Coli leaflet (390KB)
- Group B Streptococcus (GBS) in pregnancy and newborn babies
- Healthy Start Vitamins (PDF – 650KB)
- How to reduce the risk of getting an infection after having a baby (PDF – 68KB)
- Information about Home Birth (PDF – 224KB)
- Information about Jaundice in newborn babies (PDF – 69KB)
- Information about Raised Body Mass Index in Pregnancy (PDF – 60KB)
- Information about your choice of birth place (PDF – 246KB)
- Online pregnancy and early years magazine for parents in Halton (788KB)
- Physical activity for pregnant women (web link)
- Please stop drinking mummy (1.15MB)
- Pregnancy and postnatal mental wellbeing leaflet (859KB)
- Pregnant? There are many ways to help protect you and your baby (web link)
- Safer sleep for babies – a guide for parents (web link)
- Safer sleep for babies – easy read card (web link)
- Screening tests for you and your baby (PDF – 4.1MB)
- Skin on skin contact (web link)
- Smoking leaflet – Mum to be? We can help you quit smoking (PDF – 312KB)
- Smoking leaflet – Your stop smoking journey (PDF – 169KB)
- Smokefree Cars (1.73MB)
- Window blind safety (web link)
- Whooping cough (pertussis) vaccination in pregnancy information (web link)
- Your Baby’s Movements in Pregnancy (PDF 680KB)
- Your dog and your baby (web link)
Halton Midwifery Service annual questionnaire
View or download our Halton Midwifery Service annual results for 2017 (PDF – 235KB)
CATCH is a free health app for parents and carers of children aged 0-5. The app empowers you with the information necessary to decide when your child needs medical treatment or when self-care is more appropriate.