You can contact the Midwifery Service for Widnes & Runcorn by calling 0151 495 5079.
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. An out of hours on call service is provided for all pregnant and newly delivered women; your midwife will give you the contact number at your ante-natal assessment.
- Self referral to Halton Midwifery Service / Self midwifery referral form
- Early Bird
- Teenage pregnancy
- Pregnancy Education sessions
- Home Birth
- Supervision of Midwifery
How can people access the service?
Women can self refer, be referred from other services or the GP.
Where is the service offered?
Based at Widnes Health Care Resource Centre and from GP surgeries on Runcorn.
Health Care Resource Centre
Telephone: 0151 495 5079
Textphone: 18001 0151 495 5079
- Care of Next Infant (CONI) (web link)
- Do you want to quit smoking? (weblink)
- Healthy Start Vitamins (PDF – 650KB)
- How to reduce the risk of getting an infection after having a baby (PDF – 68KB)
- Information about group B streptococcus infection (PDF – 52KB)
- Information about Home Birth (PDF – 80KB)
- Information about Jaundice in newborn babies (PDF – 69KB)
- Information about Raised Body Mass Index in Pregnancy (PDF – 60KB)
- Information about Supervisors of Midwives in Halton (PDF – 247KB)
- Information about your choice of birth place (PDF – 68KB)
- Online pregnancy and early years magazine for parents in Halton (788KB)
- Please stop drinking mummy (1.15MB)
- Pregnant? There are many ways to help protect you and your baby (web link)
- Safer sleep for babies – a guide for parents (web link)
- Safer sleep for babies – easy read card (web link)
- Screening tests for you and your baby (PDF – 4.1MB)
- Smokefree Cars (1.73MB)
- Window blind safety (web link)
- Your dog and your baby (web link)
Halton Midwifery Service annual questionnaire
View or download our Halton Midwifery Service annual results for 2015 (PDF – 277KB)