About our service
The CCNT provide support to children and young people aged 0-19 years with complex health needs.
The Service works in partnership with families and schools providing support and advice around nursing care and medical interventions.
The team work with existing agencies such as acute hospital settings, child development services, statutory services, education and voluntary organisations.
The Team provide support, training and advice to the appropriate setting to enable children/ young people to access their education.
Who might be referred to us?
- Children and young people with a chronic/long term health care needs that require nursing care, ongoing support and advice on health conditions.
- Children and young people who are reliant on medical technology, for example, naso-gastric feeding tube, gastrostomy, tracheostomy and ventilation support
- Children and Young People with life limiting or life threatening conditions who require nursing care or support.
- Children and young people who require a package of care to support their care at home, CCNT liaise with, and support, the local commissioning board, Children’s Continuing Care Nurses and care agencies to ensure that the child’s/young person’s needs are identified and addressed.
- Facilitate preferred place of care for the end of life for a child/young person and their family.
Short breaks programme
We offer a short break service following assessment to support families at times of crisis dependant on availability and until statutory services can be provided.
Aims of our service
To support you by providing short periods of respite care for your child or young person within your own home or a nursery/school setting.
To provide appropriate play and stimulation to encourage your child to participate in activities.
To undertake specific nursing care as necessary during respite sessions ensuring your child’s safety and well-being at all times.
This can include feeds, medication, tracheostomy care and suctioning.
What happens on referral?
Referrals to the service would normally come via a healthcare professional, parents and carers.
Professionals must use the referral form. This includes referral information, consent and nursing support or interventions required.
The team will then contact you/referrer within 48 hours to discuss the referral and agree what follow up care is needed.
The CCNT team with arrange a home visit or a further follow up telephone call consulation depending on the individual health needs of your child or young person.
T: 0151 495 5448
F: 0151 495 5440
SEND Local Offer for Halton