Description of service
Our Admin Failsafe and Clinical Lead Team are responsible for inviting Diabetic patients aged 12 and over from Runcorn, St Helens, Warrington, Widnes and Knowsley for annual diabetic eye screening.
The Central Mersey Cluster Eye Screening Service:
- Informs patients and GPs of the screening results
- Manage the screening database
- Refer patient onto Hospital Eye Service following screening if required
- Monitor the service for any Failsafe issues or breeches in referral or screening timeline
- Liaise with GP’s for data validation
There are over 41000 patients registered on the call and recall list for annual screening.
Who can access the service?
Diabetic Patients age 12 and over GP’s Health care professionals.
Patients must be registered with the service and receive an invite letter from the service before they are able to book an appointment.
How can people access the service?
Referral via GP.
Referral forms for Health Professionals:
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered at various venues and the patients have a choice of where to attend, view the full list of venues:
Patients have a choice of NHS sites or Opticians and may use any on the venue list.
Programme Administration/Failsafe Manager
Central Mersey Cluster Eye Screening Service
Telephone: 0151 495 5100