Description of the Community Neuro Team
The Neuro Community Team is a community based multi disciplinary team of experienced health professionals with the knowledge and skills to provide highly specialist advice, support and / or rehabilitation for people with neurological problems and their families.
The team includes Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Neuro Community Matron to support / advise on symptom management for progressive conditions.
Who can access the service?
- Adults aged 16 and above or 18 if in full time education
- Patient registered with a Wigan GP or unregistered resident
- Primary problem is neurological dysfunction
- Patient has potential for improvement of function
- Fit to undertake rehabilitation programme
- Patient with a neurological condition, requiring multi-professional intervention and / or have complex treatment needs (which may be uni-professional)
- Patient has a progressive neurological condition and requires on going support to manage their symptoms.
How can people access the service?
Referrals are accepted from any Health Professional initially but once known to the service patients can self.
Where is the service offered?
Treatment is provided in the patient’s home or most appropriate community setting i.e. Clinic, college, workplace, general community setting.
Neuro Community Team
Area 5, Leigh Infirmary
Telephone: 01942 264255
Fax: 01942 264258
Patient Experience Questionnaire