Patients gain access to the Wigan Borough GP Out of Hours Service Via North West Ambulance 111 Service: Telephone 111.
Bridgewater’s GP Out of Hours Team provides a safe and high quality GP Out of Hours Service.
The GP Out of Hours Service provides assessments, advice and treatment as required for urgent healthcare problems that cannot safely wait until the next time the surgeries are open
Patients will be provided with direct transfer to the GP OOH Service after initial assessment by the 111 Service .
Patients will be provided with appropriate care based on priority of need.
This may be an appointment, home visit or further clinical advice.
The GP OOH Service provides:
- Self-Care Advice
- Centre based appointments
- Home Visits
The service does not provide:
- Walk in assessments
- Routine appointments
- A repeat prescription service, these should be obtained from the patient’s own GP or usual pharmacy
The service is open when patients own GP surgeries are closed:
Opening hours are:
- Monday to Thursday 6.30pm – 8.00am
- Wednesday 1.00pm – 8.00am
- Friday 6.30pm to Monday 8.00am
- 24 hours on Bank Holidays
All calls to the service are voice recorded for quality and training purposes
Details of all GP OOH consultations are sent to the GP surgery the patient is registered with by 8.00am the next working day
- Patients who present without an appointment will be redirected to contact the 111 service
- This is not a walk in service. Appointments must be made by initially contacting the 111 service. Patients who present without an appointment will be asked to return home and contact 111
- This is an emergency service so it will not provide some services normally available through your GP practice. These include routine prescription collection, test results or appointment booking
- Your local pharmacy can also offer you a wide range of services, including advice and medicines to relieve symptoms of minor ailments and a prescription and may provide a delivery service.