The Local Offer for children and families that have additional needs (also referred to as children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)).
Children who are considered to have additional needs will be offered enhanced support by the Family Nurse service, working in close partnership with parents and the wider multi-agency teams.
The Healthy Child Programme can be further tailored to the specific needs of these children and their families.
Our aim is:
- To ensure a seamless transition of your child’s care
- To make sure your child achieves the best possible health, growth and social and emotional development.
- To support you to have your best possible bonding attachment with your child
- To identify the strengths and capabilities of the family
- To assess and ensure early referrals are made for specialist support
- To offer emotional support for you and your family
- To ensure the Local Authority is informed, with parental consent, if your child is suspected to have specialist educational needs
- To ensure families have the relevant information regarding Wigan Local offer.