The aim of our team is to help reduce avoidable hospital admissions or outpatient attendance, to enable earlier discharge from hospital and provide care closer to home.
Examples of the nursing support we provide:
- Wound care (injury or post-surgery)
- Removal of stitches
- Support and advice for treatment of Constipation.
- Burns care
- Intravenous antibiotic therapy
- Administration of injections
- Blood tests
- Care of Nasogastric tubes
- Support and monitoring of children diagnosed with HSP.
- Care and support for children placed in a Hip Spica.
- Nursing assessments for an acute illness such as febrile illness, diarrhoea and vomiting, blood pressure monitoring etc.
Referrals to the service would normally come via a Healthcare professional. However, If you have attended A&E, the walk in centre, GP or your local hospital with your child and feel that the CCNT can provide additional nursing support or advice please speak to your Doctor to refer to the team.
After you have been seen by your General Practitioner, health professional or Consultant he/she may feel that your child requires additional nursing support or advice. A referral will be sent to the CCNT.
The team will then contact you within 48 hours to discuss the referral and agree what follow up care is needed this may be a clinic appointment, a home visit or a further follow up telephone call depending on the individual health needs of your child or young person.
Professionals must use the referral form, It includes referral information, consent and nursing support or intervention required.