What is Information Governance?
Information governance (IG) is the way in which the NHS handles all of its information, in particular the personal and sensitive information relating to patients and employees.
It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is dealt with legally, securely, efficiently and effectively, in order to deliver the best possible care.
It also offers NHS employees a clear structure to deal consistently with the many different rules about how information is handled, including those set out in:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
- The Confidentiality NHS Code of Practice
- The NHS Care Record Guarantee for England
- The Information Security NHS Code of Practice
- The Records Management NHS Code of Practice
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Ensuring that our staff are suitably equipped to manage this important area of work is a key priority for Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and integral to our capacity to deliver on plans to build local trust.
If you require any further information, please contact us at the details below:
Information Governance Department
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Spencer House 1st Floor
89 Dewhurst Road
Telephone: 01925 867728