|Public Sector Equality Duty||Equality
|Accessible Communication||Equality Delivery System|
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust has signed the Mindful Employer Charter For Employers Who Are Positive About Mental Health and is committed to increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace, providing support for employees and applicants with a mental health condition and creating a culture of acceptance where employees are willing to disclose mental health conditions without fear of discrimination.
We are proud to be a part of the Disability Confident scheme, and are recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.
We are committed to employing and supporting disabled people in the workplace, and to promoting disability confidence throughout the Trust.
As part of our commitment, in recruitment we will:
- Actively look to attract and recruit disabled people
- Provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy
- Be flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Proactively offer and make reasonable adjustments as required
- Encourage our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- Ensure our employees have appropriate disability equality awareness
And to ensure we support and retain our staff we will:
- Promote a culture of being Disability Confident
- Support employees to manage their disabilities
- Ensure there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff
- Ensure managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work
- Value and listen to feedback from disabled staff