Equality means treating everyone fairly. Sometimes that means giving people extra help to have the same chances as everyone else.
Inclusion means that everyone is valued and included. In Bridgewater this means both our patients and our staff.
Diversity means a mix of different kinds of people. For example men and women, disabled or non-disabled people, people of different races, and young and old people.
By clicking on the links on this page you can find all our equality reports.
You can also see how we make sure we provide the extra help that some patients or staff may need to have equality.
What equality, diversity and inclusion means in Bridgewater
Bridgewater is committed to providing health care services and employment opportunities that are equitable, that are free from discrimination, and that recognise and support diverse and individual needs.
We believe that the human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy should be met in everything we do.
Our commitments are made to our communities and staff, this includes those people from the nine protected characteristics, and those considered vulnerable or excluded, for example the homeless, refugees and asylum seekers, carers, and those in our prison populations. Our Equal Opportunities Policy provides further information on these commitments.
You will find on our webpage information on:
- Our equality reports – Workforce Race Equality Standard, Gender Pay Gap, Public Sector Equality Duty Annual report, Equality Objectives and EDS2
- Patient equality and inclusion – support for our patients, including language interpretation and accessible communication support
- Workforce equality and inclusion – Disability Confident, Mindful Employer, Navajo
If you require any information then please contact us on the numbers below:
Ruth Besford – Equality & Inclusion Manager:
- Tel: 01942 482992
- Text Relay: 18001 01942 482992
- Fax: 01942 482694
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any of the information or documents within the equality and diversity pages in another format or language please contact us.